Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!






Wow I can't believe 2015 is over!

I'm here in America but my Mum is in England and every New Year's Eve for a LONG time we ring each other up and see in the New Year together (her time). We listen to Big Ben and Auld Lang Syne. It's a tradition. This time last year I thought it might be our last one. Mum had been diagnosed with Esophagus cancer just after I had visited her in October 2014 and this time last year was in the middle of chemotherapy and radiation treatment. It was a really rough time for her (she was 78 at the time) and not a good time for me being so far away. I am so lucky to have sisters that took care of her and kept me informed (I knew Mum wouldn't want me to worry so maybe wouldn't tell me everything). Luckily she has been clear for a little while now so this holiday season has been special to her.

I am SO lucky to have spent another New Year's Eve with Mum listening to Big Ben. We Skype now so we get to see one another instead of just hearing each other and the telly on the phone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hopefully 2016 will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.