Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Antique Fair - funny who you meet!

It's been forever since I went to an Antique Fair. It must be since the kids were little (and that was a long while ago!). My MIL and FIL used to take us all along to different things. Antique Fairs were something she always liked to do, so when they were visiting other day and we talked about things we used to do MIL said there was a fair on Sunday so off we went.

It was a lot busier than I thought - there was even a queue to get in the car park. Lots of fun stuff to see.


I thought these were really cool. They look like they came out of a 50s diner and purple is one of my favourite colours.

Some cute gnomes!


This I really liked - MIL and I were both admiring it to keep our crafts in. I was thinking floss. She was thinking cottons.

I ended up coming away with only these



The top set caught my eye as they are all from England. One was of a church Dovercourt. My Nana was born in Dovercourt so I was quite surprised. I mentioned this to the gentleman whose booth it was and he said his wife's family was from England. He called her over and asked where they were from. Imagine my surprise when she said they were from Felixstowe (very near to Ipswich) and she had actually been born in Woodbridge. I once lived in Woodbridge with my husband (he was stationed at nearby Bentwaters). Her father was an American and her Mum English! We had a nice natter. It's strange who we meet when out and about and so far from our common town.


I couldn't resist this bottle. It doesn't show in the picture but it is actually purple. There was a whole table of purple bottles. They made quite the sight.

It was a lovely morning out. MIL gets around with a walker to help but she did great. She had fun too - bought some handkerchiefs to make doll dresses with. I miss doing things with her. She is a great woman. I am so lucky to have a really good MIL. We did not meet until after her son had already married me. She was so welcoming, friendly and helpful when I first came to this country.

2 comments:

  1. It is such a small world, never ceases to amaze me that I seem to bump in to people from my neck of the woods all over the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting what you find when you talk to people!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.