Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Weekend Meanderings

It was another warm day on Saturday. We headed back to Lansing (about 75 miles away) to pick up daughter and go to the Lansing Spring Arts & Crafts fair. We went last year when daughter was still at Michigan State University. She graduated in December but has decided to make her home there. Sad, as I don't get to see her as much as I would if she was in Kalamazoo, but we visit when schedules don't clash and talk almost every day.

It's a really big art/craft fair over quite a large area. There is a little of everything. I love looking at the photographs and paintings people have for sale.



We got there quite early so it wasn't very busy when we first got there. Later it got really packed. As we climbed back in our car there was already someone waiting for the spot in the multi-storey car park.

On the way back to daughter's apartment we passed by a farmer's market and decided to stop.



It was quite small but there was a nice variety. I only gave in a few times. The yummier things I bought are pictured below.


Vanilla Bean cupcakes.


Love a good cheese bread. I can't seem to make a nice, regular loaf of it though. I can make focaccia or a cheesy flatbread, but not a nice loaf you can make sandwiches or grilled cheese with.

Something for the garden. I love rhubarb. Mum always used to make a lovely rhubarb crumble with custard. I haven't seen one for sale before (perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place!).


We had a lovely day out. We also got to visit the Whole Food Store where I got some veggie pasties and some wonderful English cheese (can't beat it!). Hopefully it won't be long until we see daughter again.

Today is a lazy day getting ready for our mini trip tomorrow. I should have pictures to share late Tuesday. Middle son is visiting and staying for tea (bringing washing with him too!). Hubby is out cooking on his new grill (courtesy of daughter). We are having the season's first sweetcorn.


It was 4 for $1 today. Can't beat it. Hope it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.