Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Crafty Projects

I have actually been doing some crafty things though I haven't posted them lately so I thought I'd share.

First up - the ATCs that I made for the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 7th anniversary swap. They are on their way to the recipients so I thought I'd share. I haven't made them before so it was a little bit of an experiment. I had a lot of fun making them. They aren't all the same, but they do have a common theme throughout each of them. I messed up and forgot to send one (so sorry Twiglet) but it is on its way now. I did wonder why I had one left over!




Some of the backgrounds were don with paint and others with distress ink. The cats are Crazy Cats by Tim Holtz, coloured with Prismacolour pencils. I stamped some of the other images on the backgrounds.

Next I did a card. It was going to be for my sister's birthday but I decided I didn't like it for that so it is a spare. The colours didn't 'suit' her.



Lastly, I've been working on my Mum's card. I changed directions from what I was working on for her last week. The colours didn't really suit her either (sounds funny I know) so I started again. Thanks for all the suggestions. Instead of the cake in the middle I'm going to try to find something to do with 80 (it's her 80th birthday to put in the middle). Arnoldo shared a lovely one he made for his wife and I love the centre of it Beautiful box card.

This is what I have so far


This is what it looks like standing up. The picture isn't good - hard to take while holding box with one hand and phone with the other!


I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to take it safely on the plane, but I'll worry about that later. I should have more done next week - photos put in at least.



3 comments:

  1. You'll need a box to put the box in and another for that box!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the photos on my blog, we are having a few warm days in Ipswich at last

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum will be glad the warmer weather is about. She's had enough of the cold! I keep telling her I'll bring the warmer weather when I come but she doesn't want to wait that long!

      Delete
  2. Uneventful is great - trust me! Great boxes, Blessings, Donna #11

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.