Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday

It was a hot one again today even from early in the morning. I'm writing this is in the evening (10.30pm) when it has cooled down a little but is still a pretty warm 23C (75F). We actually made it to the Farmer's Market in the morning. It has grown since we first started going there and now offers some handmade crafts as well as fruits, veggies and bakery items. It was quite nice. There was even a live band playing. It was quite busy even at quarter to nine in the morning.



We picked up lots of fresh veggies, a loaf of cheese bread and a Rhubarb Crisp (I couldn't resist). I think it's basically what Americans call a crumble. It looks like one. I even went to pick up some custard to go with it.

My daughter, her boyfriend and her dog ended up coming up later in the afternoon as well as my other son who lives out of town. My other son still lives with us. It was nice having them all around.


Shasta found a chipmunk hole in the garden and couldn't resist sticking her head in to see if she could find the chipmunk.


Later in the evening we lit a fire in the fire pit and made s'mores. Had to laugh as the marshmallows ended up a little burnt. It's been a while since we made them! It was the perfect end to a nice day!




3 comments:

  1. I know s'mores, here's a big smiley face of memories! I worked for two summers as a Camp Counsellor in Vermont - Your fire pit looks rather gorgeous, I remember we had to gather the wood before we lit the fire, before we burnt the marshmallows, I thought that was how they are supposed to be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Shasta is a Siberian Husky. My daughter was lucky enough to adopt her from a rescue place. She's a beautiful, loving dog!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.