Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Autumn in in the air!

It's Tuesday and there is definitely a chill in the air this morning. We haven't put on the central heating yet but we have given in and used a small heater in living room to take the chill off the air in the morning.

I finally picked the pumpkins I have from my 'patch'. They are the last things growing in my garden. I love how they grow.



They grew up along once fence and then took off down onto the ground and along.



There is one on the ground but it was a late starter and is still completely green. As I got these in later than I should have (procrastinator, that's me!) I am quite pleased.

As it was quite chilly today I thought I'd try my hand at some Broccoli-Cheese soup. A lot of soup over here has chicken stock in it and I don't eat it so thought I'd make my own. I used this Recipe from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I like her recipes. They are down home and things everyday people would eat.



I had to try some for lunch and it turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.