Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Summer Weather and a walk

Wow it's really warmed up! It's 27C (81F) and is going to get up to 31C tomorrow. Not sure I'm quite ready for it. While we were away last week apparently there was frost here in Michigan. Quite a change. We haven't got the window air conditioners in yet so hopefully it won't be too stifling in house.

I went for a walk before it heated up too much. Earlier it was beautiful, the sun was shining and there was a lovely breeze that made it a delight to walk along Asylum Lake edge. I walked here yesterday and got to see (yikes!) snakes!


Never seen them in the water before but now I can't stop seeing them swimming about. Shudder!

Today I got to see the turtles again. This log must be there go-to spot. They are quite skittish so usually as soon as they hear something they flop back into the water. I was surprised when I looked at my photo later that there are some little turtles! Spring is certainly springing!



I caught one all by itself! Maybe it was the lookout.


Yesterday when I walked there was no sign of the flowers on the lilies. Today was a different story entirely! We had storms and rain last night.


And some beautiful flowers in sight.


It was so beautiful walking along, really peaceful too. On the side of the lake where the turtles are there seem to be few people. I stood and watched them for a little while. It was wonderful to hear all the birds singing in the trees and the chipmunks running over the fallen branches. Things are certainly looking brighter in the woods. There is so much more green now covering up the remaining signs of winter. Great way to start the day!


1 comment:

  1. It sure warmed up quickly, didn't it? It's warmer there than it has been down here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.