Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thank Goodness That's Over!

This is a rant. Well, a little bit of one. I hate the dentist. Really hate the dentist. I knew my cleaning/check-up appointment was coming up and have literally been dreading about it. I've been thinking about it for weeks. I even thought about cancelling. I had nightmares that my usual hygienist had left and I'd been seeing someone strange. I got that one from my friend whose knew person ended up scraping some sealant off her teeth and giving her a tooth ache!

I went. I admit I rang in for some anxiety meds and while I was on the phone confirmed that my usual woman was there. That helped a little. Only a little. I work myself up so much. I think I'm my own worst enemy. Once I'm there I'm okay.  It didn't help that on Monday I knocked something hard I was eating against my tooth, felt a pain and when I poked around there was a really sharp pain between a tooth and my bridge (goes away immediately, no pain flossing or sensitivity).

I can happily report that all went well! I don't have to go back for six months! Yippeee! Dentist checked out the spot that was bothering me and says it just looks like the gum. She put some stuff on it and it should feel better. Keeping my fingers crossed! My purse is a lot lighter, but so is my mood!


5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about dentists, Sharon. I find it hard to trust them too. Once a dentist root canalled the wrong tooth for my husband! I hate it when they poke around in my mouth without telling me what they're doing. Last time I had my teeth cleaned, she was so rough. My gums hurt for days afterwards and I think they bled as well while she was doing it. I feel the same way about hairdressers, by the way. It always feels they're tearing my hair out! So much so, I now cut my own hair - mostly. I don't think I've seen a hairdresser in the last 3-4 years. I can mess up my own hair - I don't need to pay for it LOL! Anyway, glad it's over for you. I like that feeling when you get another 6 months to not worry about it, but then the day comes again too soon. Once a year would be enough for me. I sometimes cheat and not go, unless I know I need a filling. Thanks for visiting my feather post - it was lovely to see you again. I've browsed through the photos on your blog - your photography has really taken off - wonderful shots! Enjoy your weekend! zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with my hair! Was talking to Mum today and she says she and my oldest sister are the same way. Isn't that funny? I stick with the same hairdresser now. I even 'followed' her when she left one place and went to another. She makes it all tolerable.

      Delete
  2. Glad it all went well! I have tooth that hurts whenever I think about teeth, hasn't hurt for days and now it hurts while reading this. Silly hey. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I worried endlessly because of a bad experience a friend had (at another dentist). Glad I got it out of the way. I hope all is well with you too and you are enjoying your walks!

      Delete
  3. Glad it went off well. I hate going to the dentist's too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.