Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday, Monday - sleepy

Well, daughter is home but not without incident. About four hours away from here her engine light came on in her jeep. From here we managed to google a mechanic shop about an hour away from her. This is a Sunday evening so not a lot is open and they all close early! Luckily, she made it to the car place before the car stopped. It's a good thing she did as when she tried to start it again it wouldn't start! Her alternator on the jeep went out.

We were worried that she would have to try and find somewhere to stay for the night. Not so easy with the dog in tow. Thankfully, the car place was able to fix her car - they stayed late - and she went on her way. I couldn't go to sleep until I knew she was safely home. No way I was going to be able to sleep! She made it back at about 1.50am (12.50am her time).

Today I've spent the day catching up on the wash, sorting things out and cleaning. I've got a few things she forgot to take so I'll have to either send or she can take when she comes in December.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!


Sunset by the lighthouse - we went there one night last week to watch. Very pretty!

14 comments:

  1. Thank goodness they were working late and were able to fix the problem xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she had a guardian angel riding with her. I'm amazed she found a place open and that they were able to fix her problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed too! I was so worried and we were far enough away that it would have taken us a while to get there.

      Delete
  3. Oh how scary for your daughter.
    Bless those mechanics that got her up and running again-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful for them! They were amazed that she made it to them.

      Delete
  4. Thrilled to hear she managed to get the car repaired and get home safely. It doesn't matter how old they are us Mothers still worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up worrying! I was glad when she rang to say she was home.

      Delete
  5. A big shout out to the mechanic shop that stayed late and got your daughter on her way. If they have a website I recommend that you go to it and post a satisfied customer review.

    How's your packing going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check. So good of them to stay and fix.

      I'm finally getting things together and they will go in suitcase tomorrow. I'm usually a last minute packer. As long as I have the essentials anything else I can pick up if I have to. I don't worry about toiletries and towels and such as Mum has them at her house. Getting excited now!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear that it wasn't the smoothest journey, I hope that all will now be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad when she made it! She even managed to get up for work Monday morning. Luckily her job has flexible hours so she was able to go in a little later.

      Delete
  7. Scary that she had car trouble, but so glad she was able to get the car repaired and made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.รถ เก๋ง มือ สอง

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.