Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Saturday

I didn't go for a walk this morning. The last few days when I've been walking there have been a lot of black flies about. At least that's what I think they are.  They have been buzzing around my head, getting in my hair and they bite! I just needed a break from them. Also yesterday while I was out I came across a wild turkey that proceeded to try to attack me! Hubby thinks I  must have got a little close to where she had babies. She was in the bushes alongside a well groomed path. I wasn't expecting her!


It was a really big bird! Quite scary. Who knew they could be so scary?

Anyway I did Skype with Mum. It was nice to have a chat. We're so far away from one another but it's like we're in the same room. In less than a month we will be in the same room! I fly on the 28th. After Skyping I got hubby to pull out the oven so I could clean beneath/behind it. Hanging my head in shame as I admit it being a LONG time since I did it. It was on my not-yet-written LIST so I can mentally cross that off lol.

We'll be going out tomorrow for a nice walk. Middle son won't be visiting as he has to work. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love Skype, our daughter lives in Japan and I don't know what we'd do without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not sure what I'd do without it either. It's lovely to sit and chat with mum and see her. Makes me feel a little better.

      Delete
  2. Since moving I have become a great fan of skype, the wonders of technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit it is one of the few aspects I like. It's just like sitting in the room with her!

      Delete
  3. I used to have skype to talk to my relatives 'back east', but it has become disabled - need to renew it. I remember those black flies from growing up in New England. We have 'deer flies' here that leave a nasty bite, too. Funny about the turkey, but scary, too. People don't realize how fierce birds can be when they are protecting a nest. Some birds are just plain mean, too. I was chased by a big white duck every spring day when I walked to the bus stop as a kid. That darn duck would fly at me and try to bite me! I had to hold my books up to deflect him and then I would run! It must have looked pretty funny to see me running down the street with a duck flying after me at head level. Haha. Glad you get to 'talk' with your Mom and will get to see her soon. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to Skype with your mother! Daughter and I Skype on a daily basis! As you say, it is just like being in the same room with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.