Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tidying Up

I'm trying to get the house ready for daughter - she will be here late Thursday night. I've been cleaning up my craft room to make space to sleep. When I get everything back out I am going to have a good old sort and organise. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought but could still use some tidying.

After a couple of days of cooler weather it is back to being hot and humid. Phew. It makes it horrible to get a lot done. We don't have central air conditioning, only window air conditioners. They aren't the greatest but they do cut down on the heat somewhat. I wish it was just a little cooler so I could do some more cooking. There are things in the freezer I'd like to get used up before I leave for my visit with Mum.

Dinner yesterday was Sausage Rolls and salad. Middle son was coming to visit so I made a big batch. Hubby took the last for work today.  I got those made before the house heated too much. I meant to take a photo but they were eaten before I remembered.

I've been going out for walks early morning trying to beat the heat. It seems other people have the same idea. The place I walk is really beautiful, a nature reserve, and filled with wildlife. Dogs are welcome but are supposed to be on a leash not just for their safety but for the safety of the wildlife. It's really sad to see so many people ignore it. There are good owners who do follow the signs and pick up after their dogs (in the majority) but there are a few that just don't seem to care. Yesterday I thought the dog running free was lost as I couldn't see the owner anywhere. They appeared a minute or so later. This morning a woman had two dogs off leash - both ran away from her and didn't come when she called. There are so many deer in the woods, also I would hate to see what would happen if the wild turkey got hold of a dog.

Anyway enough ranting - sorry just frustrated - and I'll post a photo I took. These are of the goose family I've been following since the little ones were born. Look how big they are getting!




See how big they have got! It's so wonderful to watch. Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. We daren't walk Smudge in the woods anymore since two dogs off their lead attacked him and he nearly lost his leg. The owner just stood there and watched as he was too scared to try and get them off. It was horrifying.
    I despise people who just won't follow simple rules-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sad. I hope Smudge is okay! Something like that can really upset a dog. My husband says people like that live in a bubble where they don't think anyone else exists.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sharon, so happy for you that your daughter is coming to visit! That is so nice that you have a wildlife refuge to take walks in every day. Always love your wildling pics. The geese are so cute. Yes, some people feel so entitled and above the rules - it seems rampant in our society these days. Dogs off leash are a danger not only to themselves, but to everyone and everything else. Just casually mention to people who don't leash that you've seen bear traps in the woods :) Haha! Hope you have a lovely visit with daughter! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I enjoy walking there most of the time, but it is a little upsetting when a strange dog comes bounding out of nowhere not to mention the harm they could do to wildlife or wildlife can do to them. I'm counting down the hours until daughter arrives!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your visit with your daughter, and I hope that the weather will cool down a little for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely visit with your daughter, we too are getting excited our daughter will be here with the boys next Tuesday. Exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you enjoy your visit too. It's so nice to have them around for even a little while.

      Delete
  5. You do have a nice place to walk but agree impossible unless you go early in the morning. Heat and humidity are not a good combination.

    Curious as to the brand of sausages that you find work well for sausage rolls here in America. I miss being able to buy them ready made at the shops along with a few other things.

    Enjoy having your daughter home and glad your son pops home frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Jimmy Dean sausage - mostly the one with sage. It's the one hubby likes. They don't have any complaints so I must be doing something right. I wish I could find a really good recipe for Cheese & Onion bakes/pasties.

      It was really humid today - stormy too so I didn't get in much of a walk.

      I'm counting down the hours until daughter visits! Luckily she did get some holiday time with her new job else it would have been a long time until I got to see her.

      Delete
  6. So lovely to have your daughter to visit. Loving the changing photos of the geese as they grow up xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are having a lovely time with daughter being home. You've reminded me that I need to do a good clean of the crafts/visitor's room, here! Most of the time, I just close the door so the mess isn't that noticeable, but it has become pretty bad! The goslings are going to be all grown up in a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.