Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Charity Shop Cross Stitch Rescue

I love looking around the charity shops. At Felixstowe I found six craft magazines for a pound and several books. I like looking for crafty stuff but it isn't always easy to find. I came across this lovely cross stitch at a charity shop in Ipswich and just had to rescue it. The stitches are beautifully done.


As a cross stitcher myself I know just how long this must have taken. Does anyone else pick up crafty goodies out and about?

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. I always appreciate the time and effort that has gone into anything crafted like that. Great buy. Also, I am an ex pat living in the US. Hope you are having a great time back in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! having a great time. I love being back if only for a little while

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I haven't even been here two weeks yet. Yikes!

      Delete
  3. I try not to as I try so hard not to bring things into our house these days, but I can certainly see the attraction, especially when you can rescue beautiful work like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to stop going to thrift stores and yard sales because I had too much clutter of my own, but that is a lovely piece of cross-stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of an discover and appreciate it kind of girl. I have finally stopped bringing more into the house unless it's a gift or resell type of item. I love seeing art in many different forms, though. I love this cross stitch piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is my duty to rescue embroidered tablecloths, pillowcases, etc. I actually use them. I don't resell them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At some point couple of instructive online journals turn out to be extremely useful while getting applicable and new data identified with your focused on region. As I discovered this blog and value the data conveyed to my database. ของ ฝาก จาก อิตาลี

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.