Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Boxing Day

We're doing middle son's Christmas today as he had to work yesterday. Apparently newspapers don't have the day off lol. I suppose it sort of worked out as he lives by the lakeshore and they were under a Winter Storm Warning so driving in would have been really bad. The snow here is quite thick on the ground. Hubby said he brushed 10 inches off daughter's Jeep! We did manage to go out for a walk today. Daughter's husky loves the snow and cold - and it was cold this morning - it's -13C/8F at noon. We bundled up in long undies, hats, scarves and mittens. Daughter and I even had some handwarmers in our gloves. It was so cold we ended up with frozen hair and the dog had icicles on her chin.


The walk was beautiful. We went to the Not-so-Magnificent Pines walk. Still not sure why they are not magnificent. I like them!


I have some sorting and cleaning to do. I got lots of really nice things for gifts including some new photography toys to play with. The best thing, as always, was spending time with family. Hope everyone had a good day. 

11 comments:

  1. I got cold just reading your post today. How nice to do Christmas over again for your son. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not liking the sound of those temperatures, I feel cold looking at the photos, although the snow does make for a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love snow photos. It's nice to take pictures of something that isn't bare and brown, but apart from that I'm not a real fan of snow and cold.

      Delete
  3. Your blog is very interesting, full of pleasure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you coming to visit.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you to have two celebrations, back to back! That is cold! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see son. He's having a rough time lately so it was lovely to have a nice, relaxing day.

      Delete
  5. Ten inches of snow....golly I think my son was about 18 months old the last time we had that much...he is now thirty four with an an 18 month old of his own. I would love my gorgeous girls to see snow like that.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun for the kids but not great for adults. I don't drive in it. I'd rather stay inside. Hubby is good at driving in it. I suppose it's because he grew up with it. The 'kids' are good at driving in it too - probably because they grew up with it too. I'm just a big ol' scaredy cat. lol

      Delete
  6. Such pretty snow pics - looks like a beautiful walk! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas - wishing you a wonderful New Year! x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.