Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday

It's daughter's last day here today. Tomorrow morning she'll be heading back to Minnesota. I'm not looking forward to her going. It's a really long drive and the weather here isn't good. It's been snowing quite a bit more - with more to come - and pretty cold. Apparently it's even colder where she'll be going - the temperature in St. Cloud today is -1F/-18C but it feels like -28C. I think I'll be waiting a while before I make a trip there! I worry because of the roads and the snow. I'm hoping she'll get a break and it won't be too bad or maybe the motorways won't be too bad.

We're just hanging out at home today. We went for a really long, snowy, cold walk yesterday and my ankle and leg are playing up. Walking in the snow seems such hard work! After that we took MIL out shopping to some craft shops so we were on our feet all day. It was nice to get out with MIL. She doesn't ever go out except with FIL. I used to try to get out with her but she always said she had to check with him and I sort of gave up. I am determined to do more with her next year. She's a lovely lady who accepted me into the family with open arms despite never meeting me until hubby and I got married.

She's also super talented. She made us all these lovely slipper/sock things for Christmas as well as these cute jumper ornaments that had money tucked up inside. The details are just amazing!



She also made some blankets. She has been ultra-busy! 


These are a couple of the numerous ornaments she's made over the years too. Very talented lady.

I'm going to enjoy these last few hours with daughter. We both had a laugh watching this squirrel trying to feed from the bird feeder. 



5 comments:

  1. You have one very talented MIL. Hope the weather improves so that your daughter can get home safely. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! MIL is very talented. I think she gets a little down on herself sometimes, but she is super-creative and such a great person. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous ornaments. Hope your daughter has a safe drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful gifts and ornaments! Your MIL is a very talented lady! Hope your daughter had a safe drive home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.