Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Ug Monday

Snowy roads again this morning so a day in. Glad of it actually. My back has been hurting in the  mornings and it wasn't good at all this morning. We bought a new bed and mattress set last year and it has hurt my back from the beginning and has steadily got worse. It's bad enough now that I am tossing and turning half the night and in the morning I can barely get out of bed. Usually once I'm out, have sat with a heating pad on my back it loosens up and I'm okay for the rest of the day. I'm a stomach sleeper but I can't do that anymore as the pain is worse so I've tried sleeping on my side and back and it all hurts. If my back feels a little better then my neck feels worse. Sigh. Not sure what to do except maybe buy another mattress but will that be any better?

Anyway that's my moan for the day. On my last post I shared some photos of our Sunday out. I wanted to share a couple more.


This is at Warren Dunes where the wind was whipping up the sand and snow at the lake edge. Phew that wind was strong!


So strong hubby was trying to hide from the wind while I took photos! He managed to find this to shelter in lol.

At home today I did manage to stamp out a few images ready to go for cards that you might (or might not) see later in the week.


I also made up a quick card for daughter for Valentine's Day. 


Now I've got to remember to get it in the post!

7 comments:

  1. It almost looks like another planet Sharon.
    I don't think I would like to be out in it.

    Sorry about your back.....I can sympathise. I do find my softer mattress helps mine but that might not suit everyone.
    Hope it eases soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the problem. Our last mattress was fairly soft. I really liked it but it did need to be replaced. This one is firmer and I don't think it helps.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't matter that you bought that mattress last year, get rid of it and try again. Life's too short to be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm going to try a couple more things, but if they don't work we'll have to get a new one. I can't keep going on like this. Not fun at all.

      Delete
  3. I agree, if it's causing increasing discomfort then something is wrong and replacing it seems a sensible option.
    Love the card!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try the addition of a mattress topper first to establish if it is indeed the mattress, a cheaper option anyway. Wow, the snow and ice makes for stunning photos but not sure I would want to be out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad one can't spend the night in the furniture store and test them. Just sitting on or lying down for a few minutes isn't a good test of the mattress. It was -23 here this morning....but, I'm still holding on to an early Spring! I was wondering why you transplanted here...did you blog about it? I was going to say, if you were going to move to U.S.A. - why not pick a warmer place - but our 4 seasons are priceless - even the snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.