Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

March

My Mum's saying for this month is 'in like a lion and out like a lamb'. I think we're all hoping it will be that way. We didn't end up getting a lot of snow, but for a while there it was coming down like crazy. With all the snow we do get I don't remember every seeing snowflakes that big. They were more the size of snow balls (not as heavy or round lol). I'm glad it wasn't bad. I think things are supposed to ease off for Mum too. I'll hear more tomorrow when we Skype.

The temperature has dropped from earlier in the week but it was a lovely sunny day today.


The pond was almost all defrosted and the reflection was just gorgeous. There were so many birds around - I could hear them calling to one another and singing. It was such a lovely sound.

I finished the cross stitch part of my Bagpuss project. I still have the outlining to do but it shouldn't take long. I really enjoyed stitching this. The only problem was that it was a kit and the threads weren't sorted. It was a little difficult to tell the shades apart. There were about seven different shades of yellow. That being said I love Bagpuss. I remember watching it as a child. It was one of my favourite programmes.


With all the sunshine around the birds were outside at the feeder. Even a couple of squirrels were about. This one made me laugh. It was trying to chase the birds away. I think they got a little too close to the thing it had just buried. 



Any idea what he would be saying? 

Hope everyone has a good weekend. It's supposed to be above freezing and sunny here. Can't wait!


12 comments:

  1. I loved Bagpuss too, even though I watched it as an adult, not a child. Another favourite was The Clangers.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember The Clangers. I've heard of it. I really need to watch some Bagpuss on YouTube but I doubt it will be the same lol

      Delete
  2. The squirrel photo made me smile. Hope all is well with your Mum, there has been some rough weather over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me smile too! She's doing well, just going crazy from being inside. My sisters are in the same town as her so have been checking in on her.

      Delete
  3. How cute. I've been working on a cross-stitch forever. It's almost done, but I'm having trouble concentrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum said while she was on her treatment she had trouble concentrating. She messed up on her knitting several times - very unusual for her. She was glad to finally be done and be able to slowly get back to 'normal'

      Delete
  4. The colours in your lake photo are just gorgeous.

    That squirrel has to be saying....'go on punk.....make my day'....ha, ha, ha.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Exactly what he was saying I think.

      Delete
  5. Mr. Squirrel..."put em' up, put em' up" (like a fighter)...it sounds funnier than the typed words...LOL Think Wizard of Oz and the cowardly lion's voice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross stitch is lovely!

    I love that squirrel picture! He looks like a warrior squirrel standing guard over his buried treasure! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !สมัคร D2BET

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.